Latest Post

Shakira Attacked by Sea Lion in South Africa




A sea lion almost took a bite out of Shakira this week, but the singer managed to escape with a few scrapes and scratches.

The Colombian singer was looking at sea lions and seals with other tourists while vacationing in South Africa when one of the animals suddenly jumped out of the water and tried to bite her.

"Everyone there screamed, including me. I was paralyzed by fear and couldn't move, I just kept eye contact with it while my brother 'Super Tony' jumped over me and literally saved my life, taking me away from the beast," Shakira wrote in a Facebook post.

"We both got our hands and legs scratched by the rocks while trying to protect ourselves," she added.

This wasn't her only experience with animals during her three-day trip: Shakira tweeted photos of herself with penguins, along with shots of a baboon on her car and people trying to rescue a wounded dolphin stuck on the beach.

No comments